Monographs and other non-periodicals
Every electronic publication may be either an original work of its own or an alternative version of a printed publication. The PDF format is decidedly the most common in the academic world but we can also offer other formats such as ePub, HTML, Mobipocket, and Android / iOS. Note that every publicly available version or a separate format of a book must get its own ISBN.
As for electronic publishing, we focus on two main areas:
- preparing the text for online sale as an e-book and filling in the data in electronic databases (EBSCOhost, ProQuest, Flexibooks, Masaryk University Sales Centre).
- managing metadata,
- communication with database operators and data transfer.
Munispace, the Masaryk University online reading room is the platform for Open Access enabled specialized monographs, anthologies, and textbooks published in the Masaryk Univesity network. What are the advantages of publishing on Munispace?
- It is powered by OMP – a stable, constantly evolving CMS.
- It features FlipBook – an elegant embedded book viewer.
- High number of readers – more than 17,000 visits (41,000 displayed pages), 7,000 downloads and over 2,000 downloads from other libraries (Faculty od Arts, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Sports Studies) in 2017.
- Free data preparation (according to EBSCO standards) and publication.
Masaryk University Press operates the website journals.muni.cz where you may easily choose from a wide selection of magazines published by the university. The website is powered by OJS, the university-wide content management system streamlining the work of authors, editors, and reviewers. You may start with electronic publishing today.
Journals.muni.cz – what you get
- OJS – a stable, time-tested content management system,
- continuous development,
- high-quality server,
- daily data and database backup.
Journals.muni.cz – what we offer
- demonstration at your workplace,
- help with data transfer and the set-up of the magazine,
- development of new features.